The 24th China (Shanghai) International Boat Show will be held from 20 to 23 June 2019 and maintain its place as the number 1 industry trade fair.
For domestic and international exhibitors, the show offers the opportunity to establish unique contacts with top companies in the marine industry, find reliable suppliers and source new buyers.
For visitors, you can discover new products, meet some of the best professionals in the marine and leisure sectors, as well as enjoy a selection of animations and show events.
Here are 10 reasons why you should visit China (Shanghai) International Boat Show 2019:
1. Proven history and credentials
Now heading into its 24th edition, CIBS is the longest established boat and yacht exhibition in China, covering the entire boating ecosystem.
The show’s history, scale and number of visitors and exhibitors are similar to Monaco Yacht Show with around 600 exhibitors. In 2019, CIBS is expected to welcome 40,000 visitors.
2. Bigger venue
Organized by UBM Sinoexpo, China (Shanghai) International Boat Show 2019 will take place at a new venue location, the National Exhibition and Convention Center in Shanghai.
The show was previously hosted at the Shanghai International Expo Center, however the NECC will ensure over 55,000 square metres of exhibition space which includes 5 national pavilions and entry to lifestyle exhibitions at The Lifestyle Show 2019 (Water Sports, Fishing, RV Camping, Themed Travel).
3. Broad range of visitor demographics
CIBS continues to attract both visitors and exhibitors interested in yachting brands that will shape the future of boating in China and further afield. Visitors include:
- Naval designers and architects
- Manufacturers of yachts, marine equipment, electronics, accessories and parts
- Distributors and agents for yachts, marine equipment, electronics, accessories and parts
- Corporate and private buyers, end users
- Maritime training, sea schools
- Domestic and International Media
- Research institutions
- Financial institutions, financiers and insurance
4. Expansive product categories on-location
CIBS aims to popularize a maritime lifestyle and yachting culture, therefore exhibitors represent a comprehensive selection of what’s available on the market and upcoming trends.
Last year, there were over 20 product launches, signifying the importance of CIBS to attract big brands, buyers and collect market intelligence. At CIBS 2019, you can expect to see:
- BOATS: Power boats, motor yachts, sailing boats, work boats
- MARINE EQUIPMENT & ACCESSORIES: Marina and dock equipment, transmission and navigation equipment, marine tech, spare parts and engines, propulsion systems, trailers, accessories, yacht-related services
- WATER SPORTS EQUIPMENT: Inflatable boats, wind surfing, water skiing, paddle boarding, wakeboarding, diving equipment, swimming gear including swimwear and googles, waterproof bags
- FISHING & RV CAMPING: Lure boats/baits/detectors/equipment, RVs, camping accessories and outdoor gear, camp site planning and services
- ELITE LIFESTYLE: Jewellery, art, haute couture, overseas property and investment
- THEMED TRAVEL: Theme travel, bespoke travel, tourism organizations, scenic attractions, tourism finance
- WELLNESS – FITNESS: Sports, daily care, food, medical care
- FAMILY RECREATION: Entertainment, early education, family trips, children’s products
Watch a video here from Mercury Marine who launched some of their products at CIBS 2018
5. Officially recognized by IFBSO
CIBS is a member of the International Federation of Boat Show Organisers (IFBSO), globally recognised in its field with members including other key yachting shows such as METSTRADE, Abu Dhabi Boat Show, Cannes Yachting Festival, and BOOT Düsseldorf.
6. International appeal
The show welcomes visitors, exhibitors and media representatives from over 70 countries.
Additionally, CIBS is the only Chinese boat show with government cooperation for the presentation on-site of national pavilions with marine businesses attending from Australia, Italy and New Zealand to name a few.
7. Asian Marine & Boating Awards (AMBA Awards)
The Asian Marine & Boating Awards during CIBS gathers over 500 brands from over 20 countries to be awarded for outstanding contribution of products, services or events in yachting.
Previous awards have included Best Marina of the Year, Best Motor Yacht over 55′, Yacht Designer of the Year, Best Sports or Leisure Fishing Boat, Asian Yacht Club of the Year, Best Water Leisure Destination of the Year and more.
Prior winners have included Azimut, Sunseeker, Beneteau, Mercury Marine, Navionics, the late Ed Dubois and Dibley Marine.
8. Focus on luxury yachting & marine lifestyle
The Chinese yachting industry is experiencing growth particularly for buyers of small to medium vessels, increased interest in accessories for a maritime lifestyle, as well as an attraction to marine and coastal tourism developments in China.
CIBS 2019 will feature over 80 events during the 4-day show including talks from industry experts, product launches and demonstrations of water sports.
VIPs attending CIBS represent around 30% of the show numbers, therefore the luxury element will include exhibits of fine jewellery and watches, art, fashion and superyacht interiors.
9. The Lifestyle Show 2019
Running concurrently to CIBS, The Lifestyle Show 2019 is a B2B2C exhibition with 7 sectors represented: Water sports, Elite Lifestyle, Fishing, RV Camping, Themed Travel, Parent Child Recreation, Well-Fitness.
The show will offer over 200 interactive activities to entertain visitors and ensure exhibitors draw attention to their stands and products.
10. Services for Exhibitors
For first-time exhibitors, CIBS offers full support for your marine company to get the most from your participation.
This includes flight, transportation and hotel information, expo stand design and construction, translation services during the expo, and printing and delivery of your marketing materials in China. Contact CIBS organizers to discuss any of these.
To register as an exhibitor for CIBS 2019, visit the official website here: China (Shanghai) International Boat Show 2019 Registration.
To find out more about The Lifestyle Show running in parallel with CIBS, click on the link here: The Lifestyle Show 2019
Superyachts China is an official Media Partner for CIBS 2019. Our press representative will be attending the show, so please contact us to schedule an interview during the show or to discuss international press coverage.